On June 3, 2020, the IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter hosted their first in a series of virtual summer programs. The program titled, “Covid-19 at Chicagoland Construction Sites” was presented by Ralph Barszcz, Vice President of Safety for Leopardo Companies. The program included tips on how to recognize and abide by common practices to keep yourself and others safe at construction sites, as well as key safety guidelines related to Covid-19.
Upcoming IIBEC-Chicago virtual programs have been scheduled for the following dates this year:
- July 1st – “Gaining Traction in your Building Enclosure Consulting Business” Presented by Beckie Hayes, founder of Merchab Consulting Group, Inc.
- August 5th – “Composite Sub-framing and how it Benefits Building Envelope Design” Presented by Peter Grotenhuis, Midwest Area Sales Manager for Advanced Architectural Products/Smart CI Systems
- September 2nd – “Electronic Leak Detection Testing, Standards, Science, and Practical Applications” Presented by Shaun Katz, Sales Manager for Detec Systems, LLC.
For more details on these upcoming webinars, please visit the calendar page, https://chicagoarea.iibec.org/calendar/.
IIBEC-Chicago’s Fall Program and Holiday Social has been tentatively scheduled for November 6th at Revolution Brew Pub in Chicago, Illinois. The Chapter will continue to monitor local and national Covid-19 guidance with regards to best practices for gatherings, and will provide updates on LinkedIn and on the chapter’s calendar page. The program will include 2 technical presentations:
- Resilient Roofing – Meeting the ASCE 7-16 Standard, by Robert Anderson of Firestone
- Topic TBD, by Emily Lorenz, IIBEC Director of Technical Services
Lastly, IIBEC has once again recognized IIBEC-Chicago with Platinum ranking for the 2020 Outstanding Affiliated Chapter Award for the Chapter’s efforts in 2019. This award was initially scheduled to be presented during the Awards Luncheon at the 2020 IIBEC International Convention and Trade Show, which was cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Instead, the chapter will receive the award at the IIBEC Building Enclosure Symposium+ (BES+) this November in Houston.