The IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter proudly presents Roof System Thermal and Moisture Design, an AIA accredited learning seminar developed by IIBEC which offers 8.0 LU|HSW/CEH. This one-day learning seminar will take place at Maggiano’s Little Italy restaurant in Oakbrook, Illinois (click for google maps). Registration includes breakfast, refreshment breaks, and lunch. Breakfast will be served at 7:00am, class is in session starting at 8:00am, and the day will conclude at 4:15pm.
Please register now using the following form. Scroll down for additional course details.
This course is designed to facilitate in-depth thermal and moisture design skills. Topics span beyond basic thermal terminology and calculations to cooling-load calculations, annual energy consumptions and payback calculations, as well as cool roofing, and temperature calculations within cross sections. Moisture starts with the psychrometric chart and moist-air properties. Additional topics include vapor retarders, the effects of moisture on insulation, air barriers, and mold issues. Practice problems are presented and discussed.
- This course will discuss the effects that moisture has on insulation, how to prevent damage, and problems with mold and mildew created by moisture
- The learner will develop more in-depth thermal and moisture design skills.
- The course will review basic thermal terminology and calculations, then transition to cooling-load calculation, annual energy consumptions and payback calculation and temperature-calculations within cross-sections.
- Air barriers topics will include how and where to use air barriers, how to select materials for air barriers and code requirements for air barriers. Vapor retarders, when and where to use them, how to select them and code requirements will also be discussed.
This course has been approved for 8.0 IIBEC Continuing Education Hours
This course has been approved for 8.0 AIA LU HSW
AIA Course Number: RSTMD-Live2023
AIA CES Provider statement
IIBEC is a registered provider of AIA-approved continuing education under Provider Number G024. All registered AIA CES Providers must comply with the AIA Standards for Continuing Education Programs. Any questions or concerns about this provider or this learning program may be sent to AIA CES (email@example.com or (800) AIA 3837, Option 3). This learning program is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA of any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product. AIA continuing education credit has been reviewed and approved by AIA CES. Learners must complete the entire learning program to receive continuing education credit. AIA continuing education Learning Units earned upon completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available upon request.
In addition to the course presentations, registrants are provided access to the virtual course materials in Learnupon- IIBEC’s Online Learning Platform- providing access to the following:
- Notetaking Outline: A notetaking outline is available in Learnupon for registrants to download prior to the start of the course.
- Course Evaluation & Attestation Survey: Available at the conclusion of the course.
- Certificate of Completion: After completing the course evaluation survey, registrants are able to download a Certificate of Completion.